Dual loft bed project update – 03

I started this project early last year and I never seem to have the time needed to complete the various stages.  I finally got some time in April to get all the pieces outside and get them sanded down to 120 grit with my random orbit sander.  It took about 4 hours total to get them all smooth enough for stain and then polyurethane.

After dreading the whole stain and then 3 coats of polyurethane process and putting off the project for a month I decided to sand everything down to 220 grit and then apply 2 coats of Danish Oil and call it done.  I spent another 4 hours during the Memorial Day weekend sanding everything to 220 grit.  The following weekend I put 2 coats of Medium Walnut Danish Oil on the first half and let them dry outside for the day.

I stacked and stickered all these pieces in the shop to let them finish curing.  The following weekend I put 2 coats of the Danish Oil on the rest of the wood and then stacked and stickered that as well.

Post Your Comment Here

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

0

Your Cart