var _gaq = _gaq || ;
ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script'); s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);
I started assembly on the Hall Tree last night. I ran into some unexpected problems so I didn’t get as much done as I had hoped to.
I started with the rear backsplash for the shelf at the top. This one went pretty well. I used my
Rockler Clampit and it did a good job.
This is the bottom with the apron in the front. Since the pocket holes are on the inside I put the Clampit on the outside. In hindsight I should have put the clamps all the way to the inside of the Clampit. I had put them further out to allow me to get the drill to the pocket hole but I think putting the clamps all the way inside would have worked better. The wood ended up drifting and one of the screws split the edge of the front corner.
I forced some glue into the split and clamped it and you can barely tell now. I just need to do some sanding and after I paint it you will never know.
I got the top shelf mounted, glued and screwed in and I was very happy with the result.
Only the top shelf, backsplash, and bottom front apron are actually attached. I dry fit the rest to see how it looks. I hope to get the rest of it assembled tonight.