Shop update #104 (10-23-19)
It was another busy Scout weekend which included our last popcorn shift (YAY!) and a Boy Scout Spaghetti Dinner fundraiser. I was able to squeeze in a little bit of woodworking too.
I sanded the black paint off the Heisenberg piece but a little bit of paint bled through the spray lacquer into the wood. I am debating whether I want to try staining the wood or not. I don’t have much experience staining poplar.
We had a very successful fundraiser for my son’s Boy Scout Troop on Sunday. The washer toss game that he made sold for $60 and the 2 art pieces that I donated sold for an additional $75.
Sunday night I started working on a prototype for a business card holder that a friend of mine wants to get made as a gift for her boss.
I started by cutting down some 4 quarter walnut into desktop sized blanks.
I then surfaced a piece on the CNC machine and then used it to cut out the company name and card slot.
It was getting late so I did a quick paint job to create some contrast. I will sand it and shape it more later in the week and see what my friend thinks of the concept.