Shop update #118 (1-29-20)

It turns out that I could not order a new latch for my table saw fence and had to order whole new one.  It arrived on Friday and HOLY COW what a difference it makes.  Everything on it just works better and it seems to make straighter cuts.  I can’t remember if my old fence worked this well when I first purchased the table saw.  I plan on taking the old one apart to see what I can do to keep the new one working well.

I installed my 1/2″ blade on my band saw and trimmed the legs for the used tabletop down to rough size.  I then took them to the table saw and cut them to the finish size of 2 1/4″.

Once they were sized correctly, I gave them a quick sanding with some 120 grit sandpaper.  I installed a 1/2″ roundover bit on my router table and ran the legs through.

Do you remember the flag that I carved out a few weeks ago?  I gave it a coat of white paint to fill in the stars and to give the stripes a base coat for the next coat of red to stick to.  I also gave The Mandalorian pieces a couple of coats of clear at the same time.

The next day I applied some paint/varnish stripper to the table top and let it sit for 30 minutes per the instructions.  Once I came back out the stripper had dried in some spots.  I tried scraping off the finish and it came off spotty.  I applied some more stripper and let it sit for 10 minutes and then went over the whole thing with a stiff bristle brush and then was able to scrape off most of the finish.

While the stripper was working I went back into the shop and worked on a new Mandalorian project.

Post Your Comment Here

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

0

Your Cart