Shop update #160 (11-18-20)

I completed the sign base for my buddy’s pirate sign this week and he picked it up on Sunday.  I let the coat of amber shellac dry for 2 days. Over the course of 3 nights I gave it 2 coats of outdoor spar urethane on the back and a total of 5 coats on the front.  He was very happy with the results and commissioned me to make another sign base and a full size (52 qt) pirate chest cooler box.  That one should be fun!

A friend at work found a plan for a Christmas Tree shaped Charcuterie Board on the Home Depot website and asked me if I could make her one.  Of course I can.  This is an excellent project for batching out so I am making 4.  I hope to sell the other 3 on Facebook Marketplace.

I made a full sized template and determined that if I angles the cuts I could get 4 boards out of a single 1″ x 16″ x 72″ project panel.

I then rough cut them with my jigsaw, attached the template with carpet tape, and flushed them up on the router table with a flush trim bit.

My son looked down from the upstairs window and asked me why I was making mouse pointers…


Post Your Comment Here

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *