Shop update #175 (3-3-21)

Saturday afternoon was spent installing and fine tuning the fit of the ice chest into the cooler box.

I added spacer blocks for the lid to butt up against and added shims to the inside of the lid and to the inside of the bottom case.

I drilled a hole in the side for the drain but the pipe stuck out too much so I built a quick spacer block for it.  It then had to be burnt, sanded, stained, and clear coated.  Once that was done, I could properly mount the faucet that acts as the drain.

On Sunday afternoon I installed 8 corner braces and hand hammered 120 brass tacks into the sides and front of the treasure chest.

Next weekend, I plan to install some leather handles, more brass tacks, and the skull & crossbone carvings.

Post Your Comment Here

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

0

Your Cart