Shop update #195 (7-21-21)
I finished up the medium mud kitchen this weekend and started a full restoration of my redwood bench that I made with a whole bunch of pocket holes.
The slats for the bottom shelf were just a little bit too long so I trimmed them down, sanded them, stained, and clear coted them.
I also cut the hole out for the mud sink, mounted some “burner plates”, marked the top shelf for mounting, mounted the top shelf, and installed the hooks for the utensils.
Once the mud kitchen was complete I grabbed the 7 year old bench from my back yard and put it on my workbench upside down.
I removed the old legs and sanded the top slab down with 60 grit paper followed with 120 grit.
I gave it 3 coats of a water based spar urethane, sanding between each coat. Next weekend I plan on build some new legs and giving the top 3 more coats of finish.