Shop update #196 (7-28-21)

This weekend I made some new legs for the bench that I made 7 years ago.  The old legs were made with pocket holes as that was the best joinery that I knew at the time.  I’m going to try making some legs with rabbet and dado joints this time.

I cut a new 2×4 down to size on the miter saw.

I installed a small fence on my miter gauge and cut the rabbets and dados out 1 saw blade width at a time.

I tested the fit of the pieces and then gave them a good sanding.

The next step was to glue and screw them together.

I’ve given them 1 coat of red paint so far but I’m not sure if I am going to like the look with the redwood top so it may change to another color after a test fit.

Post Your Comment Here

Your email address will not be published.