Shop update #253 (8-31-22)

It was a very productive weekend.

On Saturday, I sanded and put 2 coats of danish oil on the Super Achiever plaque.

I then mixed up a couple of old containers of brown paint and gave the bottoms of the cornhole boards a thick coat to help protect them from warping.

I let that dry for an hour and then flipped them over and gave the tops and sides 2 coats of gloss white paint with a couple hours of dry time between.

While the paint was drying I cut out 60 stars on my vinyl cutter.

I let the paint dry overnight and applied the stars to to the tops and sides of the boards on Sunday morning.  Each one got 25 stars.

I then used red and blue spray paint to make a type of camoflauge pattern. I let the paint dry for about 30 minutes and then peeled the stars off.  The paint didn’t quite come out like I hoped but I learned a lot and have an idea how to do it better next time.

I let them bake in the 95° degree sun for 6 hours and then installed the legs. I meant to do it before painting but forgot.  This is also when I discovered that I had bought the bolts way too long.

Post Your Comment Here

Your email address will not be published.