Shop update #258 (10-5-22)
We spent Saturday doing some upkeep and maintenance to the church that hosts my sons’ Boy Scout Troop. My part of the work was to scrape and sand off the finish of the main entrance doors. I was able to get most of it done but have to get a different sander to finish up under the handles.
The areas where the old finish failed are pretty sun bleached so I am going to use some kind of dark gel stain to try and get both the doors back to one consistent color. I then have some marine varnish that I will put on in multiple coats.
I stopped by Lowes on the way home and picked up some oak strips to make new name signs for the scouts to hang up in the scout house under their rank signs.
On Sunday, I sanded and stained the remaining pieces for the wishing well planter box.