Shop update #70 (2-27-19)
This weekend I finished the Treasure Chest cooler box and my son and I made a “robot” for a Cub Scout project.
I picked up some 1/2″ copper pipe a while back and finally got the time to cut it cut in half, hammer it flat, and nail it onto the treasure chest cooler box. I also tried my hand at weathering the hinges and handles.
I had a potential last minute plaque order that came in so I picked up some 1 x 10 clear pine from Lowes and cut it down into some 9 1/4″ x 12″ blanks. We couldn’t find a design that would work on the size/time available so it ended up not happening but I now have 7 really good blanks to work with.
My son needed to make a robot for one of his Cub Scout Bear rank requirements. I had him draw up a plan and we cut and assembled the pieces together. He then painted it to his hearts content.