Shop update #120 (2-12-20)
I spent most of the weekend working on a super secret Valentine’s Day project for my wife. You can see pictures and read all about it on my Patreon page.
Do you remember the First Aid kit box that I modified to hold spray paint and then mounted on the wall last week?
I took some acetone to the cover and was able to remove all the markings.
I designed some simple graphics and then broke out my vinyl plotter and cut them out.
Here is the finished product.
I sanded the top of the CNC flag with 120 grit sandpaper and removed the excess red and white paint.
I then masked off the area around the stars and hand painted it in with some blue acrylic paint.
I let that dry overnight and then masked in the areas for the white stripes. I gave them 2 coats of white acrylic paint and let them dry overnight as well.
I found some wood putty that had been sitting in my shop for a couple of years. It was still sealed so I used it on the table legs that I built a couple of weeks ago. It was pretty dry when I squeezed it out of the tube but I was able to get the liquid from the bottom of the tube and mix it back in so it worked OK but not well. Next time, I will make sure to get some fresh putty. I hope to get the table finished up this weekend.