Shop update #53 (10-31-18)

I had some website issues this morning and had to re-upload this post.

The Pennywise art piece is 90% done.  It just needs a couple more coats of clear and a frame.

I spent an hour Wednesday painting in the background of the old Pennywise and the face and part of the costume of the new Pennywise.  The face took the most time as I had to be very careful not to get any of the white paint on the raised wood pieces as they will break off very easy with any kind of heavy sanding.

My plan on Friday was to do some more painting once the World Series game ended.  It didn’t end until the bottom of the 18th inning at 12:20 am so that night was a bust.

I was able to work on it for a couple of hours Saturday night and got the rest of the white done on the new Pennywise and completed all the black for the old one as well.

Sunday morning I gave it a good sanding to get rid of all the excess paint on top and then gave it a couple of coats of spray poly and let it dry while we attended my son’s Boy Scout spaghetti dinner fundraiser.  I donated three signs for the auction and they all did very well.  Sunday night I spent 1 1/2 more hours painting and got all the red laid down.  I’m using a metallic acrylic paint and couldn’t find any red in the brand as the rest so I used a different brand.  It is much lighter and closer to pink than I like.  I may try and find the original brand and give it another coat of red at a later date.

Post Your Comment Here

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

0

Your Cart