Shop update #87 (6-26-19)

This weekend was all about catching up on current projects.

On Saturday morning, I broke out the router table and gave the top of the puzzle piece a 1/4″ round over.  I then sanded the whole thing with 120 grit and then 220 grit sandpaper.  The side and top cutouts took the longest as I had to sand them by hand.

Once it was sanded to my satisfaction, I built a quick finishing board with screws (does it have a proper name?) to rest the piece on and then gave it a couple of coats of walnut oil.

I left that in the garage to dry and gave the last 2 planter boxes a quick sanding and a couple of coats of spar urethane.

That night I did some clean up on the John Wick art piece.  I took some black paint and brushed all the silver and white paint that spilled over when I painted everything last week.

Sunday morning, I took the adirondack chair apart for the last time and gave all the stained parts a good sanding to get rid of the raised fibers and then gave them 2 more coats of spar urethane.

I let it dry all day and then put it back together Sunday night.

I put it for sale on a local Facebook buy/sell/trade group for $200 just to see if I can get any interest.  Wish me luck!

 

The customer picked up the puzzle piece on Monday night and seemed very happy with it.

Post Your Comment Here

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

0

Your Cart